Spell On You – Tina Kennard L Word

”Those are my favorite, too,” Tina says.

”I remember.”

Tina holds the rose between her fingers, and looks beautiful in the soft afternoon light. My hand in Angelica’s tingles. I reach over, too, and touch the blossom. Our eyes meet. She has a red welt on her forehead. I dare not ask.

Tina leans down to kiss Angelica. ”Hello, beautiful girl.”

”So, are you leaving with her now, or would you like to walk around the roses with us?”

”I could stay for a little bit.”

Tina and I each take one of our child’s tiny hands. ”This white one tinged with blood red, so beautiful,” Tina says.

”Everyone of them,” I agree.

”Do you know this one, Bette? My grandmother used to grow them.” She buries her nose in a different rose’s crimson petals. My tongue twitches, as she inhales and offers the blossom to me.

”Bette, tell me if that doesn’t smell like summer to you?”

Deeply inhaling a heavenly rosy scent, I know that I should kiss her. What’s the worst that could happen? She’d slap me? And would we like it?

Then, Jodi’s voice. ”James said I would find you out here.”

Tina’s head turn. ”Hi, I’m Jodi. I’m deaf, but I can read lips.”

I sign as I speak, ”This is Tina and my daughter, Angelica.”

”Pleased to meet you. I didn’t bring Tom because we’re going out to dinner. Are you ready?”

Bette’s Bedroom – Bette

It’s after midnight. My eyes drift away from looking at the clock and return to staring up at the ceiling. I rub my face and feel an odd sense of relief that Jodi didn’t want to spend the night. Now, there’s no chance she might open the cabinets and use Tina’s favorite cup. That would bother me.

For a few moments, I hate the thought of ‘Tina Proofing’ my house. I sip the last of the wine. Everything about the way Jodi felt in bed to me was so different, and yet over and over my mind kept drifting back to rose garden. Why the fuck there? Of all the memories, why a university rose garden?

Of all the places. . .that’s what I want to know.

The next chapter is titled, “Objects in Motion”.

The L Word, Bette Porter, Tina Kennard, #thelword, #betteporter, #tinakennard,

14 thoughts on “Spell On You – Tina Kennard L Word

1. Like

2. @LesFan azmama says
    May 16, 2014 at 12:33 am

The last two chapters have been brilliant. I love all the windings and machinations that are going on. Bette and Helena comrades-in-arms? Who’d a thunk it???

3. @LesFan brinny says
    May 16, 2014 at 12:23 am

You have the fastest quill on this site writing all these wonderful chapters. Tina would never guess Bette and Helena working together. C’mon love charm…work your magic.

4. Like

5. @LesFan kenji
    Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 7:01 am
    Keep them coming. Fantastic stories.

6. If Tina only knew Bette had met “someone” in Phyllis’s party …Tina should put her A game out,
    now that Bette have someone who tickle her fancy. … Oh the dreaded S04! .><.

7. Endeavoring to have Jodie appear only when necessary. I know she irritates my readers! Working behind the scenes to make it interesting and sexy. Stand by! Blackbird

8. Via LesFan tibettenation1

Submitted on 2014/07/26 at 11:19 pm

I would have love to see more Bette and Helena scenes they would be a dynamic duo lol, and will Tina and Bette get it together already argh these two with their I love you, I hate you relationship

Submitted on 2014/05/17 at 1:12 am

Good thing I came here today and read it. What I’ve got in my email is cut short?.
    Now Tina knew about Jodie, would she increase the love charm more?

10. Via LesFan slntrdr

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 11:58 pm

“OUR daughter,” Bette, “OUR daughter,” not “MY daughter.’” ‘Course, that would make for some awkward additional explanation there in the Rose Garden before dinner.

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 12:15 pm

oh, that was interesting!
    Gypsy did a love spell on them?
    I loved the scene with Bette and Helena running, she has a little gossip 😛 I have always liked the story where Bette and Helena were more like friends and not enemies (! especially did not lovers) 🙂
    Oh, Jodie’s the worst timing! so I waited for that kiss, I do not think it would have been a slap in the face over. I think that Tina saw Jodie, she will go out on a date with Kate Ardenn.
    I enjoy your writing so much, Blacbird. I like the way this story goes!
    I’m looking forward to the next chapter

12. Via LesFan mamadoc91

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 6:20 am

Love the idea of a magical charm. Sounds like it is already working on Bette. Hoping Jodie is just a one-night stand! Thank you, again!

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 3:00 am

That was a bouncing chapter! I love the run in the canyon with Bette and Helena and the sharing of secrets. The rose garden scene with Angelica was sweet but I wasn’t expecting Jodi there. That surprised me. The love potion events will be quite interesting and I can’t wait!
    My only complaint is that the chapter was too short!

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 2:12 am

I for one like the photos. They help me reminisce about TLW and the hotness that is Bette and Tina