Spell On You – Tina Kennard L Word

”Ever heard the phrase, ‘Arrogance without substance?'”

”Ha! Ouch! That would hurt.” We step off the path to look across the canyon. ”Why Kate Arden?”

”For credibility.  The studio needs a lesbian director on board to make it real.”

”So, having Tina as the quasi-lesbian producer is not enough?”

”You’ve seen this woman around, I bet. Kate wears these hats with visors.”  Helena circles her head with her hand while she makes a peculiar face.

”Like a golf pro? With the sun visor?  Google her picture. Let’s see.” I insist, and Helena taps on her iPhone.

Kate’s photo on her director’s webpage appears.

”Okay, that cap’s kinda pitiful looking, really, isn’t it?” I wait for Helena’s snobbier reaction.

She looks at the photo very sadly. ”That can’t be her! Really?”

For amusement, one more time before I give her back her iPhone we look at the picture of Kate – wearing not only a stupid little cap – but with a smirking smile.  Tina will grow weary of a phony like this.  I take out a hundred dollar bill and slap it in Helena’s hand, as I back her iPhone.

We start running again, picking up the pace.  “The new art professor, Jodi Lerner. She’s the originator of the ice cream craving I had a few nights back. I’m having dinner with her tonight.”

roses photos

The Rose Garden – Bette

As Angelica and I walk in steady baby steps through the paths between the rosebeds, I hear Tina’s voice call out. ”Hey, you two! James said I would find you out here.”

”We come back this way from daycare. She likes this rose in particular.”

14 thoughts on “Spell On You – Tina Kennard L Word

1. Like

2. @LesFan azmama says
    May 16, 2014 at 12:33 am

The last two chapters have been brilliant. I love all the windings and machinations that are going on. Bette and Helena comrades-in-arms? Who’d a thunk it???

3. @LesFan brinny says
    May 16, 2014 at 12:23 am

You have the fastest quill on this site writing all these wonderful chapters. Tina would never guess Bette and Helena working together. C’mon love charm…work your magic.

4. Like

5. @LesFan kenji
    Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 7:01 am
    Keep them coming. Fantastic stories.

6. If Tina only knew Bette had met “someone” in Phyllis’s party …Tina should put her A game out,
    now that Bette have someone who tickle her fancy. … Oh the dreaded S04! .><.

7. Endeavoring to have Jodie appear only when necessary. I know she irritates my readers! Working behind the scenes to make it interesting and sexy. Stand by! Blackbird

8. Via LesFan tibettenation1

Submitted on 2014/07/26 at 11:19 pm

I would have love to see more Bette and Helena scenes they would be a dynamic duo lol, and will Tina and Bette get it together already argh these two with their I love you, I hate you relationship

Submitted on 2014/05/17 at 1:12 am

Good thing I came here today and read it. What I’ve got in my email is cut short?.
    Now Tina knew about Jodie, would she increase the love charm more?

10. Via LesFan slntrdr

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 11:58 pm

“OUR daughter,” Bette, “OUR daughter,” not “MY daughter.’” ‘Course, that would make for some awkward additional explanation there in the Rose Garden before dinner.

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 12:15 pm

oh, that was interesting!
    Gypsy did a love spell on them?
    I loved the scene with Bette and Helena running, she has a little gossip 😛 I have always liked the story where Bette and Helena were more like friends and not enemies (! especially did not lovers) 🙂
    Oh, Jodie’s the worst timing! so I waited for that kiss, I do not think it would have been a slap in the face over. I think that Tina saw Jodie, she will go out on a date with Kate Ardenn.
    I enjoy your writing so much, Blacbird. I like the way this story goes!
    I’m looking forward to the next chapter

12. Via LesFan mamadoc91

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 6:20 am

Love the idea of a magical charm. Sounds like it is already working on Bette. Hoping Jodie is just a one-night stand! Thank you, again!

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 3:00 am

That was a bouncing chapter! I love the run in the canyon with Bette and Helena and the sharing of secrets. The rose garden scene with Angelica was sweet but I wasn’t expecting Jodi there. That surprised me. The love potion events will be quite interesting and I can’t wait!
    My only complaint is that the chapter was too short!

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 2:12 am

I for one like the photos. They help me reminisce about TLW and the hotness that is Bette and Tina