Spell On You – Tina Kennard L Word

Giving one last look in the mirror at the rising welt on my forehead, I leave the mirror.

She’s waiting for me in her Reading Room. ”Come with me.  I’ve been thinking some more about you.”

Magnet_ShapeHeart

The Love Charm

”You’re kidding! A Love Charm?” I ask, as we walk along rows of glass jars of dried herbs, flowers, and colored pebbles, and jar after jar of every kind of feather.

”People come to me sometimes to hedge their bets.” She sends me a ‘take it or leave it’ look.  “This will get her attention, if that’s what you want. A Love Charm, no doubt about it, it will get her thinking about you again. Then, it’s up to you. You can decide once she’s got the scent again.”

”So, you think she’s lost it?” A tinge of alarm in my voice.

The Gypsy’s fingers taps against the jars, as she searches row after row, filled with curious roots, and other earthy looking things.  ”What of hers do you have on you? Anything?” She turns her attention back to me, as she lifts a container down.

”Let’s see.” I spread out my hands. ”She gave me these rings.”

”No, those are yours. We need something of hers. Strains of her hair, a piece of her clothing. Something that has her magnetism still on it.”

”Okay, I can’t imagine I have anything in my purse.” I open it and look through its bare contents.

The Gypsy’s voice breaks through my pawing search.  ”What’s that on the handkerchief?”

”Where?” I unfold it and see a press of Bette’s lips against the linen.

red lips isolated in white

The Gypsy and I both smile. ”Can I turn it off or down once you make it?”

”Yes and no. When it’s very close to her it will catch her attention and you can’t do anything about that once you put it near her.  If you keep it with you, and it’s long distance, you concentrate on wanting her to return to you, and you amplify it that way.”

She snips the shape of Bette’s lips from the handkerchief. ”Tina, you can leave it at home and put it in away in a drawer and try to forget about it, if you want to.  But one way or the other, the time to decide what your future is with hers is coming.”

”If we’re going to be together for our daughter, I should know, right? At least I should know.”

”Exactly, for your daughter.” The edges of her eyes wrinkle with amusement. ”Now, be still.  I need a snip of your hair to go inside the charm.”

Inside the reddish impression of Bette’s lips she places strands of my hair, tiny magnets and iron filings, a mandrake root and a small, perfectly round black stone. Once final time she looks at me for my agreement. I nod and she sews the magical ingredients together into a pouch.

Holding the charm my hand, the Gypsy says words I have no meanings for, but as she mummers them the back of my neck tingles.

14 thoughts on “Spell On You – Tina Kennard L Word

1. Like

2. @LesFan azmama says
    May 16, 2014 at 12:33 am

The last two chapters have been brilliant. I love all the windings and machinations that are going on. Bette and Helena comrades-in-arms? Who’d a thunk it???

3. @LesFan brinny says
    May 16, 2014 at 12:23 am

You have the fastest quill on this site writing all these wonderful chapters. Tina would never guess Bette and Helena working together. C’mon love charm…work your magic.

4. Like

5. @LesFan kenji
    Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 7:01 am
    Keep them coming. Fantastic stories.

6. If Tina only knew Bette had met “someone” in Phyllis’s party …Tina should put her A game out,
    now that Bette have someone who tickle her fancy. … Oh the dreaded S04! .><.

7. Endeavoring to have Jodie appear only when necessary. I know she irritates my readers! Working behind the scenes to make it interesting and sexy. Stand by! Blackbird

8. Via LesFan tibettenation1

Submitted on 2014/07/26 at 11:19 pm

I would have love to see more Bette and Helena scenes they would be a dynamic duo lol, and will Tina and Bette get it together already argh these two with their I love you, I hate you relationship

Submitted on 2014/05/17 at 1:12 am

Good thing I came here today and read it. What I’ve got in my email is cut short?.
    Now Tina knew about Jodie, would she increase the love charm more?

10. Via LesFan slntrdr

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 11:58 pm

“OUR daughter,” Bette, “OUR daughter,” not “MY daughter.’” ‘Course, that would make for some awkward additional explanation there in the Rose Garden before dinner.

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 12:15 pm

oh, that was interesting!
    Gypsy did a love spell on them?
    I loved the scene with Bette and Helena running, she has a little gossip 😛 I have always liked the story where Bette and Helena were more like friends and not enemies (! especially did not lovers) 🙂
    Oh, Jodie’s the worst timing! so I waited for that kiss, I do not think it would have been a slap in the face over. I think that Tina saw Jodie, she will go out on a date with Kate Ardenn.
    I enjoy your writing so much, Blacbird. I like the way this story goes!
    I’m looking forward to the next chapter

12. Via LesFan mamadoc91

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 6:20 am

Love the idea of a magical charm. Sounds like it is already working on Bette. Hoping Jodie is just a one-night stand! Thank you, again!

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 3:00 am

That was a bouncing chapter! I love the run in the canyon with Bette and Helena and the sharing of secrets. The rose garden scene with Angelica was sweet but I wasn’t expecting Jodi there. That surprised me. The love potion events will be quite interesting and I can’t wait!
    My only complaint is that the chapter was too short!

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 2:12 am

I for one like the photos. They help me reminisce about TLW and the hotness that is Bette and Tina