Spell On You – Tina Kennard L Word

Tarot_PrincessofDicks

Gypsy’s House – Tina

Alone in the Gypsy’s guestroom bath I look in the mirror at the welt on my forehead. It’s about the size of my thumb, and very red. God, I had pushed those memories about my sister so far down, and yet, the Gypsy had plucked them out from me immediately.

I moisten my hands and tap around my face, and catch the edgy expression in my eyes.  An old sadness rises up inside me. Given air and brought into the light, after all these years my memories of those nights are going to take some getting used to.

I lean closer into the mirror and examine my lump. There’s nothing to be done to cover it up. If anyone asks I’ll think of something.

In some form or another – throughout my entire reading – Bette was either nuanced, which is hardly like her, or straight up as a woman bearing a sword, or in her case, a Bowie knife. She was everywhere, but in my area of work, and even there the chances were high she’d attempt to influence me with Jenny’s movie’s, so close to production on the horizon.

Then the Gypsy had turned over the last card.

TheChariot

The Chariot

I’d stared down at the circular ring of images that no longer appeared random to me. The symbolic part of my mind that holds their cipher had begun to understand.

”Hmm, this card complicates things.” The Gypsy taps as she’d studied it.

”What do you see?”

She hands me The Chariot card with the charging horses. ”When this appears, if you don’t make a decision fast, someone else makes it for you.”

”Who? Is this a warning about the movie I’m making?” I ask warily.

”No, this is someone close to your home. She may want to wait for you, but staying in stasis while you make up your mind puts her in opposition to her basic nature. She’s driven.  Towards something or someone new. Her nature is restless – whether she likes it or not.”

”Oh, she likes it plenty.” And we share a laugh.

”Who’s she seeing romantically these days?”

This question I realize I have no answer for – at some point there will be someone.

14 thoughts on “Spell On You – Tina Kennard L Word

1. Like

2. @LesFan azmama says
    May 16, 2014 at 12:33 am

The last two chapters have been brilliant. I love all the windings and machinations that are going on. Bette and Helena comrades-in-arms? Who’d a thunk it???

3. @LesFan brinny says
    May 16, 2014 at 12:23 am

You have the fastest quill on this site writing all these wonderful chapters. Tina would never guess Bette and Helena working together. C’mon love charm…work your magic.

4. Like

5. @LesFan kenji
    Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 7:01 am
    Keep them coming. Fantastic stories.

6. If Tina only knew Bette had met “someone” in Phyllis’s party …Tina should put her A game out,
    now that Bette have someone who tickle her fancy. … Oh the dreaded S04! .><.

7. Endeavoring to have Jodie appear only when necessary. I know she irritates my readers! Working behind the scenes to make it interesting and sexy. Stand by! Blackbird

8. Via LesFan tibettenation1

Submitted on 2014/07/26 at 11:19 pm

I would have love to see more Bette and Helena scenes they would be a dynamic duo lol, and will Tina and Bette get it together already argh these two with their I love you, I hate you relationship

Submitted on 2014/05/17 at 1:12 am

Good thing I came here today and read it. What I’ve got in my email is cut short?.
    Now Tina knew about Jodie, would she increase the love charm more?

10. Via LesFan slntrdr

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 11:58 pm

“OUR daughter,” Bette, “OUR daughter,” not “MY daughter.’” ‘Course, that would make for some awkward additional explanation there in the Rose Garden before dinner.

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 12:15 pm

oh, that was interesting!
    Gypsy did a love spell on them?
    I loved the scene with Bette and Helena running, she has a little gossip 😛 I have always liked the story where Bette and Helena were more like friends and not enemies (! especially did not lovers) 🙂
    Oh, Jodie’s the worst timing! so I waited for that kiss, I do not think it would have been a slap in the face over. I think that Tina saw Jodie, she will go out on a date with Kate Ardenn.
    I enjoy your writing so much, Blacbird. I like the way this story goes!
    I’m looking forward to the next chapter

12. Via LesFan mamadoc91

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 6:20 am

Love the idea of a magical charm. Sounds like it is already working on Bette. Hoping Jodie is just a one-night stand! Thank you, again!

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 3:00 am

That was a bouncing chapter! I love the run in the canyon with Bette and Helena and the sharing of secrets. The rose garden scene with Angelica was sweet but I wasn’t expecting Jodi there. That surprised me. The love potion events will be quite interesting and I can’t wait!
    My only complaint is that the chapter was too short!

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 2:12 am

I for one like the photos. They help me reminisce about TLW and the hotness that is Bette and Tina