A Taste for Politics Bette Porter L Word

I see a framed award and a rolled up commendation next to matchbooks from The Beverly Hills Hotel. I finish my Scotch and put the glass on the bedside table. Mine for years. I lift back the covers and lie beside her. Her breath strong as always, I know its rhythms.

Bedroom – Bette

This could be a dream but I don’t think so. In my half sleep my irritation towards her barely registers. I knew she would find me tonight if she needed me to sleep. I’m done with asking. Another thought pushes up through. When she needs only me she asks. At least we’ve gotten there.

Her breath against my shoulder I feel her lay her head against my back. As the dog beyond the garden wall barks Tina’s arm comes around my waist. I have one eye open. I scan the shadows and light in my garden outside my window. All normal. I drift out past the trees and into the wind to sense around my house. There’s no one out there. I thread my fingers through her hand and squeeze it tightly, then I let go. Soon, I fall back to sleep.

________________

Continue to the next story by following the arrows below the comment box.

* If you’re just now joining this series click back to the first story, Ultrasounds of Lovers, http://goo.gl/KTKNAT, to start from the beginning and follow behind the scenes in our chapters.

Bette Porter The L Word Tina Kennard, Bette Porter, Tina Kennard, The L word, #Betteporter, #tinakennard, #thelword, Bette Porter Tina Kennard, Bette Porter and Tina Kennard,

Sexy music video of Bette Porter here: http://youtu.be/62eHOWshSgU

13 thoughts on “A Taste for Politics Bette Porter L Word

1. This post and story can also be found at http://goo.gl/bIuVdC

Liked by 1 person

2. I love this chapter. Nice touch bringing in the senator. And then Tina getting into Bettes bed. Wow. I’m really stuck. I can’t stop reading.

• Julie! So great to hear you are enjoying the stories. I did love the Senator and Bette. There are references to her in the future but this is a nice story with her. Thanks so much for your comments and for your tweets!
      Blackbird

3. @Lesfan mamadoc91 says

April 29, 2014 at 6:35 am

Very seductive that Senator! Nice weaving of the past with the present. So interested in reading more!! PPS.

4. @lesfan skycaptain says

April 29, 2014 at 9:21 am

Wow Bette and the senator was HOT. Bette needed that. I wonder if Tina really saw that man or is she using this to come back to Bette knowing she will go into protective mode. Mighty convenient she’s not with Henry and she’s seeing this man. Will she see the scratch marks on Bette’s back? And will she see the pictures that were taken of Bette & Barbara? Will jealous Tina emerge? Oh can’t wait to read more. Thanks for posting.

5. @lesfan Bette0Porter says

April 30, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Yes, yes! I would be glad to see jealous Tina as well. She needs (as much as I love her) to learn a little lesson. And thank God Henry and she are not together anymore. I just hope you won’t make it too simple for Tina to take her back; she needs to suffer a little bit more ( I’m not mean, I love Tina, but I love drama as well).
    Bette does really love her knife, it’s hilarious, even though it’s a very serious matter. I love how crazy Bette can be.
    As for Tina’s past history, let’s hope it was just Tina’s mind playing some tricks on her; But I can sense it isn’t over yet.

Bette’s encounter with the Senator: so sexy! And yes, she really needed that.

Thanks again for another amazing chapter! Can’t wait to read more.

6. @lesfan nemo44 says

April 29, 2014 at 9:38 am

Your use of metaphors make the writing so rich and ethereal. I really feel like we are on a journey with Bette. Thank you for all your talent

7. @lesfan kingg says

April 29, 2014 at 5:54 pm

BB…another effing page turner from my favorite writer. Your dialogue makes the characters stand out. you write their characters–we feel their emotions! That’s effing TALENT!…..BB, my opinion….n you no how I feel bout opinions,….I feel that our gals will not quench their “thirst” unless it’s w/ each other! hint, hint, but let’s let Bette have a little fun w/ the senator…she deserves it after all she’s been thru w/ Tina….Thx for ur post n waiting for ur next one….Badabing!!!

8. @lesfan brinny says

April 29, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I am glad you are continuing the theme of “looking glass of memories” which you do so exceptionally well. About time, Tina came to her senses and breaks up with Henry and feels only secure with Bette. Can’t wait to see what Bette has in store for her Bowie knife!

9. @lesfan cvu says

April 29, 2014 at 10:50 pm

omg,omg Omg!..you’re killing me here!….I LOVE HOW YOU WRITE THE SEN AND BETTE!…
    And Tina?…this is the one thing I can’t talk to you about? How would I like their “Start” to happen again…
    this is rad BB!

10. @lesfan didi1956 says

April 30, 2014 at 1:38 am

You are an amazing writer,10 stars.I hope the girls are safe.PPS

11. @lesfan azmama says

April 30, 2014 at 2:10 am

Outstanding. You got it going on! I always loved the Senator and Bette together. That scene in the show in the Senator’s apartment was one of the sexiest scenes ever in which the protagonists kept their clothes on. I love the way you portray Bette’s feelings. Her explanations of her desires are primal and honest. She understands what she needs and knows how to get it. But Tina is still her kryptonite.

12. @lesfan tomboydee says

May 1, 2014 at 7:10 pm

wondefully done!!! the topic of this chapter “A Taste For Politic” sums up the hot sex between Bette and Senator Barbara. it a joy that Tina broke up with Henry.. i like Bette’s humor imagination about the knife and Henry, great story..you wrote great love scenes in your stories..