A Taste for Politics Bette Porter L Word

“We broke up.”

“I see.” I shake my head and roll my eyes – about fucking time, Tina.

“I see you pulling up. I’m walking out now.” She disconnects the call.

RedCAMO_knife
Bette’s House – Sunday Evening

“Bette, what’s with the big knife?”

“I bought it to kill Henry with, of course.” I open a bottle of wine and pour two glasses.

She laughs with me, “And do you know how to use it? I mean it’s not like a gun, but it’s close combat, Bette. There’s a skill to it, I think.”

“Yes, here’s the plan.” I sip my wine and quickly dream one up. “If Henry comes in here I’m going to break his nose and then stick this in his gut and twist it.” I take out the red camo knife and flash it for the justice it deserves. Then, I put it away in its scabbard on my belt.

“Henry’s not coming over here, Bette. It’s really done.”

“So, what are you going to do now?”

“I don’t know.” She looks down at the counter and twists the wine glass by its stem.

“Well, two things. One, if you think it’s Allsweld then get someone to look at the Beverly Center security tapes with a facial recognition software. And two, you’re staying here tonight. Sleep wherever you want. Couch, baby’s room – I’m exhausted. If my eyes are still open in two hours at ten it will be a miracle.”

Bette’s House Past Midnight – Tina

As I lie on the couch under the blanket she knows is my favorite I feel like a guest with a lot of memories, and a guest who doesn’t sleep well anymore.

I was not a great sleeper for a lot of reasons when I was younger. But when I got older, and away from home and traveling I slept better – but never soundly. If I dreamed something I didn’t like, she was always right there beside me.

But tonight every tree limb in the wind outside makes me worry. I get up and take down the bottle of Scotch. I carry my glass of whiskey down the hallway and stand in the door and watch her sleeping. The whiskey burns my throat and stomach. I need so much to feel drowsy and warm again. It feels like years. I’m exhausted from fighting.

13 thoughts on “A Taste for Politics Bette Porter L Word

1. This post and story can also be found at http://goo.gl/bIuVdC

Liked by 1 person

2. I love this chapter. Nice touch bringing in the senator. And then Tina getting into Bettes bed. Wow. I’m really stuck. I can’t stop reading.

• Julie! So great to hear you are enjoying the stories. I did love the Senator and Bette. There are references to her in the future but this is a nice story with her. Thanks so much for your comments and for your tweets!
      Blackbird

3. @Lesfan mamadoc91 says

April 29, 2014 at 6:35 am

Very seductive that Senator! Nice weaving of the past with the present. So interested in reading more!! PPS.

4. @lesfan skycaptain says

April 29, 2014 at 9:21 am

Wow Bette and the senator was HOT. Bette needed that. I wonder if Tina really saw that man or is she using this to come back to Bette knowing she will go into protective mode. Mighty convenient she’s not with Henry and she’s seeing this man. Will she see the scratch marks on Bette’s back? And will she see the pictures that were taken of Bette & Barbara? Will jealous Tina emerge? Oh can’t wait to read more. Thanks for posting.

5. @lesfan Bette0Porter says

April 30, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Yes, yes! I would be glad to see jealous Tina as well. She needs (as much as I love her) to learn a little lesson. And thank God Henry and she are not together anymore. I just hope you won’t make it too simple for Tina to take her back; she needs to suffer a little bit more ( I’m not mean, I love Tina, but I love drama as well).
    Bette does really love her knife, it’s hilarious, even though it’s a very serious matter. I love how crazy Bette can be.
    As for Tina’s past history, let’s hope it was just Tina’s mind playing some tricks on her; But I can sense it isn’t over yet.

Bette’s encounter with the Senator: so sexy! And yes, she really needed that.

Thanks again for another amazing chapter! Can’t wait to read more.

6. @lesfan nemo44 says

April 29, 2014 at 9:38 am

Your use of metaphors make the writing so rich and ethereal. I really feel like we are on a journey with Bette. Thank you for all your talent

7. @lesfan kingg says

April 29, 2014 at 5:54 pm

BB…another effing page turner from my favorite writer. Your dialogue makes the characters stand out. you write their characters–we feel their emotions! That’s effing TALENT!…..BB, my opinion….n you no how I feel bout opinions,….I feel that our gals will not quench their “thirst” unless it’s w/ each other! hint, hint, but let’s let Bette have a little fun w/ the senator…she deserves it after all she’s been thru w/ Tina….Thx for ur post n waiting for ur next one….Badabing!!!

8. @lesfan brinny says

April 29, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I am glad you are continuing the theme of “looking glass of memories” which you do so exceptionally well. About time, Tina came to her senses and breaks up with Henry and feels only secure with Bette. Can’t wait to see what Bette has in store for her Bowie knife!

9. @lesfan cvu says

April 29, 2014 at 10:50 pm

omg,omg Omg!..you’re killing me here!….I LOVE HOW YOU WRITE THE SEN AND BETTE!…
    And Tina?…this is the one thing I can’t talk to you about? How would I like their “Start” to happen again…
    this is rad BB!

10. @lesfan didi1956 says

April 30, 2014 at 1:38 am

You are an amazing writer,10 stars.I hope the girls are safe.PPS

11. @lesfan azmama says

April 30, 2014 at 2:10 am

Outstanding. You got it going on! I always loved the Senator and Bette together. That scene in the show in the Senator’s apartment was one of the sexiest scenes ever in which the protagonists kept their clothes on. I love the way you portray Bette’s feelings. Her explanations of her desires are primal and honest. She understands what she needs and knows how to get it. But Tina is still her kryptonite.

12. @lesfan tomboydee says

May 1, 2014 at 7:10 pm

wondefully done!!! the topic of this chapter “A Taste For Politic” sums up the hot sex between Bette and Senator Barbara. it a joy that Tina broke up with Henry.. i like Bette’s humor imagination about the knife and Henry, great story..you wrote great love scenes in your stories..