A Taste for Politics Bette Porter L Word

I smile slyly down at her. I realize I don’t need the anger she keeps poking at.

“You have to hurt me though. Scratch the hell out of me and it’ll come through the Scotch haze.”

Barbara plays her hand lightly up and down my back. “And we’ll probably never do this again after this weekend. Are you okay with that?”

“I’m exactly what you’re looking for.”

We kiss. Her nails catch into my skin. I feel a cry of pain coming into my throat. I stop it and push it down. Another one shoots through me I push down some more. The booze mist begins to clear and then turns red. We have a rhythm now, my pain her pleasure.

She wraps her arms around my neck and presses her cheek against me, “She’s still all over you, Bette. Go ahead, tell her to fuck off.” She welcomes me to the twisted re-calibrations Alphas seek from each other.

CU Bette tank top JPEG

Bette’s House – Sunday Afternoon

My cell phone rings. It’s Tina. I think about not answering. We have a child together. “Hello.”

“Bette, can you come get me?” I hear a real worry in her voice. My senses rise up from craving the nap I was just about to take to full alert. I pick up my keys, and slip my wallet into my jacket, and I’m out the door.

“Where are you right now? Are people around you? People who look like they have a brain in their head? You aren’t in Venice Beach, are you?”

“No. But yes there are people around me. I left the Beverly Center and came over to the Audi dealership across the street.”

“What happened?” I ask as I back out of my driveway and head toward Beverly. “Where’s Angelica?”

“I’m sure I’m crazy. It’s just that Allsweld’s out of prison this week. I don’t know. Bette, I think I just saw him in the crowd at the mall watching me.”

“She’s with you?” I open the glove compartment and take out my Bowie knife. At the traffic light I thread it through my belt.

“No, she’s with Angus and Kit. A puppet show at the Children’s Center.”

“Where the fuck is Henry?” I race through late afternoon Sunday traffic.

13 thoughts on “A Taste for Politics Bette Porter L Word

1. This post and story can also be found at http://goo.gl/bIuVdC

Liked by 1 person

2. I love this chapter. Nice touch bringing in the senator. And then Tina getting into Bettes bed. Wow. I’m really stuck. I can’t stop reading.

• Julie! So great to hear you are enjoying the stories. I did love the Senator and Bette. There are references to her in the future but this is a nice story with her. Thanks so much for your comments and for your tweets!
      Blackbird

3. @Lesfan mamadoc91 says

April 29, 2014 at 6:35 am

Very seductive that Senator! Nice weaving of the past with the present. So interested in reading more!! PPS.

4. @lesfan skycaptain says

April 29, 2014 at 9:21 am

Wow Bette and the senator was HOT. Bette needed that. I wonder if Tina really saw that man or is she using this to come back to Bette knowing she will go into protective mode. Mighty convenient she’s not with Henry and she’s seeing this man. Will she see the scratch marks on Bette’s back? And will she see the pictures that were taken of Bette & Barbara? Will jealous Tina emerge? Oh can’t wait to read more. Thanks for posting.

5. @lesfan Bette0Porter says

April 30, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Yes, yes! I would be glad to see jealous Tina as well. She needs (as much as I love her) to learn a little lesson. And thank God Henry and she are not together anymore. I just hope you won’t make it too simple for Tina to take her back; she needs to suffer a little bit more ( I’m not mean, I love Tina, but I love drama as well).
    Bette does really love her knife, it’s hilarious, even though it’s a very serious matter. I love how crazy Bette can be.
    As for Tina’s past history, let’s hope it was just Tina’s mind playing some tricks on her; But I can sense it isn’t over yet.

Bette’s encounter with the Senator: so sexy! And yes, she really needed that.

Thanks again for another amazing chapter! Can’t wait to read more.

6. @lesfan nemo44 says

April 29, 2014 at 9:38 am

Your use of metaphors make the writing so rich and ethereal. I really feel like we are on a journey with Bette. Thank you for all your talent

7. @lesfan kingg says

April 29, 2014 at 5:54 pm

BB…another effing page turner from my favorite writer. Your dialogue makes the characters stand out. you write their characters–we feel their emotions! That’s effing TALENT!…..BB, my opinion….n you no how I feel bout opinions,….I feel that our gals will not quench their “thirst” unless it’s w/ each other! hint, hint, but let’s let Bette have a little fun w/ the senator…she deserves it after all she’s been thru w/ Tina….Thx for ur post n waiting for ur next one….Badabing!!!

8. @lesfan brinny says

April 29, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I am glad you are continuing the theme of “looking glass of memories” which you do so exceptionally well. About time, Tina came to her senses and breaks up with Henry and feels only secure with Bette. Can’t wait to see what Bette has in store for her Bowie knife!

9. @lesfan cvu says

April 29, 2014 at 10:50 pm

omg,omg Omg!..you’re killing me here!….I LOVE HOW YOU WRITE THE SEN AND BETTE!…
    And Tina?…this is the one thing I can’t talk to you about? How would I like their “Start” to happen again…
    this is rad BB!

10. @lesfan didi1956 says

April 30, 2014 at 1:38 am

You are an amazing writer,10 stars.I hope the girls are safe.PPS

11. @lesfan azmama says

April 30, 2014 at 2:10 am

Outstanding. You got it going on! I always loved the Senator and Bette together. That scene in the show in the Senator’s apartment was one of the sexiest scenes ever in which the protagonists kept their clothes on. I love the way you portray Bette’s feelings. Her explanations of her desires are primal and honest. She understands what she needs and knows how to get it. But Tina is still her kryptonite.

12. @lesfan tomboydee says

May 1, 2014 at 7:10 pm

wondefully done!!! the topic of this chapter “A Taste For Politic” sums up the hot sex between Bette and Senator Barbara. it a joy that Tina broke up with Henry.. i like Bette’s humor imagination about the knife and Henry, great story..you wrote great love scenes in your stories..