A Taste for Politics Bette Porter L Word

Sen Grisham

“Alice! I didn’t expect you here.” I send a surprised look at Phyllis. “Senator Grisham, please meet Alice Pieszecki.”

“Bette, to your friends I’m Barbara, and Alice, nice to meet you. Are you an old friend of Bette’s?”

“Close. We’re close. I’m the Earth Mother to her child.” Alice smiles at the Senator who becomes distracted as an aide whispers in her ear.

“It appears the Governor is waiting on us, Bette.”

And just like that she walks off.

Interesting. I’m the one who usually does that.
2014 TCA Winter Press Tour - CBS/CW/Showtime Panels - Day 2
Polo Lounge Dining Room – Bette

I do like seduction. I like it in a limo, and again early in the meal when the salad course comes. I like pretending to be rapt while Arnold regales us about captures of Japanese whaling ships off the northern waters of California, or curious NanoBiotic inventions going on at Cal Tech. And as I feel her foot tracing up the inside of my leg, I like very much everything that is hidden, and going on, under the Governor’s table.

I look at her while Arnold’s attention is distracted. An aide whispers in his ear and Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner appear to say hello to him. Barbara smiles across to me as if nothing is going on.

“How are you enjoying the evening so far?” She asks with a slight cock of her head.

“Well, my headache’s gone, butI have to switch to mineral water or I’m not going to make it. You?”

“It’s a short walk to my bungalow.”

“It’s not the walking I’m worried about.”

“Oh, don’t tell me you have performance anxiety.” She dares me, “That isn’t the Bette Porter I’ve heard so much about.”

My fork stops half way up from my plate. “I don’t believe I heard you correctly.” I raise my eyebrow at her in a dare to repeat that.

“They upgraded me to a bungalow with its own pool and private garden. You know it? Marilyn Monroe’s favorite, so they say.”

“I’ve been back there. Number Eight.” I answer.

“I don’t fly home until Sunday.”

“Angelica’s with Tina this weekend.”

PalmNight

The Marilyn Monroe Bungalow – Number 8 – Bette

Hidden by lush landscaping amongst the twelve acres of the hotel’s urban footprint, every guest in the weaving line of these exquisite little quarters has paid handsomely for its private entrance and luxuries. In Los Angeles so many people need it.

13 thoughts on “A Taste for Politics Bette Porter L Word

1. This post and story can also be found at http://goo.gl/bIuVdC

Liked by 1 person

2. I love this chapter. Nice touch bringing in the senator. And then Tina getting into Bettes bed. Wow. I’m really stuck. I can’t stop reading.

• Julie! So great to hear you are enjoying the stories. I did love the Senator and Bette. There are references to her in the future but this is a nice story with her. Thanks so much for your comments and for your tweets!
      Blackbird

3. @Lesfan mamadoc91 says

April 29, 2014 at 6:35 am

Very seductive that Senator! Nice weaving of the past with the present. So interested in reading more!! PPS.

4. @lesfan skycaptain says

April 29, 2014 at 9:21 am

Wow Bette and the senator was HOT. Bette needed that. I wonder if Tina really saw that man or is she using this to come back to Bette knowing she will go into protective mode. Mighty convenient she’s not with Henry and she’s seeing this man. Will she see the scratch marks on Bette’s back? And will she see the pictures that were taken of Bette & Barbara? Will jealous Tina emerge? Oh can’t wait to read more. Thanks for posting.

5. @lesfan Bette0Porter says

April 30, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Yes, yes! I would be glad to see jealous Tina as well. She needs (as much as I love her) to learn a little lesson. And thank God Henry and she are not together anymore. I just hope you won’t make it too simple for Tina to take her back; she needs to suffer a little bit more ( I’m not mean, I love Tina, but I love drama as well).
    Bette does really love her knife, it’s hilarious, even though it’s a very serious matter. I love how crazy Bette can be.
    As for Tina’s past history, let’s hope it was just Tina’s mind playing some tricks on her; But I can sense it isn’t over yet.

Bette’s encounter with the Senator: so sexy! And yes, she really needed that.

Thanks again for another amazing chapter! Can’t wait to read more.

6. @lesfan nemo44 says

April 29, 2014 at 9:38 am

Your use of metaphors make the writing so rich and ethereal. I really feel like we are on a journey with Bette. Thank you for all your talent

7. @lesfan kingg says

April 29, 2014 at 5:54 pm

BB…another effing page turner from my favorite writer. Your dialogue makes the characters stand out. you write their characters–we feel their emotions! That’s effing TALENT!…..BB, my opinion….n you no how I feel bout opinions,….I feel that our gals will not quench their “thirst” unless it’s w/ each other! hint, hint, but let’s let Bette have a little fun w/ the senator…she deserves it after all she’s been thru w/ Tina….Thx for ur post n waiting for ur next one….Badabing!!!

8. @lesfan brinny says

April 29, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I am glad you are continuing the theme of “looking glass of memories” which you do so exceptionally well. About time, Tina came to her senses and breaks up with Henry and feels only secure with Bette. Can’t wait to see what Bette has in store for her Bowie knife!

9. @lesfan cvu says

April 29, 2014 at 10:50 pm

omg,omg Omg!..you’re killing me here!….I LOVE HOW YOU WRITE THE SEN AND BETTE!…
    And Tina?…this is the one thing I can’t talk to you about? How would I like their “Start” to happen again…
    this is rad BB!

10. @lesfan didi1956 says

April 30, 2014 at 1:38 am

You are an amazing writer,10 stars.I hope the girls are safe.PPS

11. @lesfan azmama says

April 30, 2014 at 2:10 am

Outstanding. You got it going on! I always loved the Senator and Bette together. That scene in the show in the Senator’s apartment was one of the sexiest scenes ever in which the protagonists kept their clothes on. I love the way you portray Bette’s feelings. Her explanations of her desires are primal and honest. She understands what she needs and knows how to get it. But Tina is still her kryptonite.

12. @lesfan tomboydee says

May 1, 2014 at 7:10 pm

wondefully done!!! the topic of this chapter “A Taste For Politic” sums up the hot sex between Bette and Senator Barbara. it a joy that Tina broke up with Henry.. i like Bette’s humor imagination about the knife and Henry, great story..you wrote great love scenes in your stories..