A Taste for Politics Bette Porter L Word

“Hello Bette,” Senator Barbara Grisham peers up at me and smiles. “Come, ride to the party with me. Congratulations by the way.”

I settle alongside her in the limo. “When did you get in town?”

“A few hours ago. Your award party is on the Governor’s itinerary and made it into my California briefing papers. I consider this serendipitous, don’t you?” She pours me a glass of Scotch. The smell of it comes to me before the touch and scent of her. “”

Then, the signal she knows I’m free. “I didn’t realize you and Peggy Peabody were so close.”

I take a sip. I think about it. The Scotch whets my appetite instead of quieting it. She stirs her drink round and round again with her finger. I know what that tastes like.

“What are your plans after the party tonight, Barbara?” My question tossed on the fire sizzles.My tongue wants. I lean in to her lips. I control my hungers until she kisses me not to.
Beverly Hills Hotel entrance

Beverly Hills Hotel – Bette

It’s hard to arrive at a party along side a very sexy Senator and not draw a certain amount of attention to yourself – especially when you’re the honored guest of the Governor. I sweep my hair back from my face, more from a tiny crawling of sudden nerves than it obscuring my vision. I hope I pulled myself together before the door to Barbara’s limo flew open. There was that last minute of intimacy, a very quick but nice kiss, before out we stepped under the awning of the Polo Lounge and we were – On!  A camera shutter snapped. We smiled. Another picture now going God knows where.

I see Phyllis’ attention follow the gaze of the others around her, and land on me. As she shakes her head in astonishment, this time it makes me a little nervous. What if I have lipstick somewhere on my neck? Phyllis walks over to meet the Senator.

“Senator Grisham, this is Phyllis Kroll, the Vice Chancellor of CU.” I rub my neck self-consciously. What if I’m smearing it more?

“Call me Barbara, Phyllis.”

“I was wondering what or whom might have been keeping Bette from her own party.” Phyllis looks at me enviously. A drinks tray with champagne arrives. I take two and hand one to Barbara.

13 thoughts on “A Taste for Politics Bette Porter L Word

1. This post and story can also be found at http://goo.gl/bIuVdC

Liked by 1 person

2. I love this chapter. Nice touch bringing in the senator. And then Tina getting into Bettes bed. Wow. I’m really stuck. I can’t stop reading.

• Julie! So great to hear you are enjoying the stories. I did love the Senator and Bette. There are references to her in the future but this is a nice story with her. Thanks so much for your comments and for your tweets!
      Blackbird

3. @Lesfan mamadoc91 says

April 29, 2014 at 6:35 am

Very seductive that Senator! Nice weaving of the past with the present. So interested in reading more!! PPS.

4. @lesfan skycaptain says

April 29, 2014 at 9:21 am

Wow Bette and the senator was HOT. Bette needed that. I wonder if Tina really saw that man or is she using this to come back to Bette knowing she will go into protective mode. Mighty convenient she’s not with Henry and she’s seeing this man. Will she see the scratch marks on Bette’s back? And will she see the pictures that were taken of Bette & Barbara? Will jealous Tina emerge? Oh can’t wait to read more. Thanks for posting.

5. @lesfan Bette0Porter says

April 30, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Yes, yes! I would be glad to see jealous Tina as well. She needs (as much as I love her) to learn a little lesson. And thank God Henry and she are not together anymore. I just hope you won’t make it too simple for Tina to take her back; she needs to suffer a little bit more ( I’m not mean, I love Tina, but I love drama as well).
    Bette does really love her knife, it’s hilarious, even though it’s a very serious matter. I love how crazy Bette can be.
    As for Tina’s past history, let’s hope it was just Tina’s mind playing some tricks on her; But I can sense it isn’t over yet.

Bette’s encounter with the Senator: so sexy! And yes, she really needed that.

Thanks again for another amazing chapter! Can’t wait to read more.

6. @lesfan nemo44 says

April 29, 2014 at 9:38 am

Your use of metaphors make the writing so rich and ethereal. I really feel like we are on a journey with Bette. Thank you for all your talent

7. @lesfan kingg says

April 29, 2014 at 5:54 pm

BB…another effing page turner from my favorite writer. Your dialogue makes the characters stand out. you write their characters–we feel their emotions! That’s effing TALENT!…..BB, my opinion….n you no how I feel bout opinions,….I feel that our gals will not quench their “thirst” unless it’s w/ each other! hint, hint, but let’s let Bette have a little fun w/ the senator…she deserves it after all she’s been thru w/ Tina….Thx for ur post n waiting for ur next one….Badabing!!!

8. @lesfan brinny says

April 29, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I am glad you are continuing the theme of “looking glass of memories” which you do so exceptionally well. About time, Tina came to her senses and breaks up with Henry and feels only secure with Bette. Can’t wait to see what Bette has in store for her Bowie knife!

9. @lesfan cvu says

April 29, 2014 at 10:50 pm

omg,omg Omg!..you’re killing me here!….I LOVE HOW YOU WRITE THE SEN AND BETTE!…
    And Tina?…this is the one thing I can’t talk to you about? How would I like their “Start” to happen again…
    this is rad BB!

10. @lesfan didi1956 says

April 30, 2014 at 1:38 am

You are an amazing writer,10 stars.I hope the girls are safe.PPS

11. @lesfan azmama says

April 30, 2014 at 2:10 am

Outstanding. You got it going on! I always loved the Senator and Bette together. That scene in the show in the Senator’s apartment was one of the sexiest scenes ever in which the protagonists kept their clothes on. I love the way you portray Bette’s feelings. Her explanations of her desires are primal and honest. She understands what she needs and knows how to get it. But Tina is still her kryptonite.

12. @lesfan tomboydee says

May 1, 2014 at 7:10 pm

wondefully done!!! the topic of this chapter “A Taste For Politic” sums up the hot sex between Bette and Senator Barbara. it a joy that Tina broke up with Henry.. i like Bette’s humor imagination about the knife and Henry, great story..you wrote great love scenes in your stories..