Low Hanging Fruit – Bette Porter Tina Kennard L Word

“I know, Alice, I find it incredible. But I’ve come to a decision.”

“What?”

I whisper a hiss at Alice. “Tina’s staying with him only because she knows it infuriates me. If she still fucks him I don’t think it’s because she loves him, or even really likes him anymore. It’s fucking out of spite and to me, and she’s lost her mind.” I seethe as quietly as I can. I have realized this university is a fish bowl and I’m a very curiously colored sea creature to them.

“After everything you had Joyce dig up on him – the bad four or was it three marriages? Whatever. Many marriages and the lawsuit his partners have against him? I don’t get it either.” Alice shakes her head and fiddles with the pencils on my desk.

“Alice, did you have something you wanted to say to keep me from barring you from Phyllis’ office?” I fix her with an impatient stare as I feel my attention drawn back to the paperwork for the Bursar’s office.

“Oh, you’re going to love this and you can buy me a drink later.” Alice sits leans in across my desk to whisper, “Henry gave Tina a nasty STD!”

roses photos

Rose Garden – California University – Bette

On my way back from the Bursar’s Office I feel compelled to detour into this quiet place that only buzzes with wings. I must collect my thoughts before tonight’s events. Foremost, I’ve not had time yet to absorb the news about Tina. It’s not a curse I had thought of for her yet but I’m warming to its misery. I like it. It fits. They can both go to hell and to the doctor together.

I find the bench that I’ve come to like by the lemon and coral tinged roses. So beautiful here. I inhale and exhale. I don’t need to blow a gasket before I meet Arnold tonight. We like each other. He may be a lot of things but whenever I’ve asked him for a seed check of three or five thousand dollars, which is really asking for his name only, he’s always been generous and quick about getting back to me.

Everyone who is a grown up has to be prepared to hear both No and Yes when they ask for money for special projects. He’s said “No” a few times to me but tonight he’s flying down here from Sacramento to say a big, “Yes”. It feels good. I should feel really good but I don’t. I feel worried. My bitterness toward Tina is exhausting me. Deeply, down to the bone exhausted me.

10 thoughts on “Low Hanging Fruit – Bette Porter Tina Kennard L Word

1. Via LesFan SassyGran

Submitted on 2014/05/01 at 2:24 am

Like Angelica being something other than Angel like – wanted to go for a drive with Mamma B – don’t blame her. Hate Nadia, did on the Show and still do. STD? Really? Love Alice, always have! Looking forward to more stories.

2. Via LesFan didi1956

Submitted on 2014/04/28 at 10:42 am

Ha,ha,ha Tina has STD !!!Another great chapter,thank you.

Submitted on 2014/04/28 at 12:12 am

Oh damn! …Tina has STD?!…..I like this a lot better than the show,car sex is so not sexy for me..

Submitted on 2014/04/27 at 7:31 pm

Alice was great calling out on Bette and Tina. Nobody who got so mad with each other the way they did can lie convincingly that they still do not have deep feelings for each other. I like the flashback to Tina when she was with Nadia and the fact that she did not want to see Nadia’s face.

“Who ever made her clothes left a lot of cloth on the roll.” This line left me in stitches. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Submitted on 2014/04/27 at 7:06 pm

I agree w/the comments. Bette’s frustrated and repressing her anger by fucking it away. Tina is mightily pissed b/c of the STD that Henry so lovingly gave to her. They both need a “brain cleanse”. Great writing. Always a pleasure to read your writing.

Submitted on 2014/04/27 at 3:06 pm

Loved it! Bette got her little revenge *doing the happy dance* but I can see both of them are starting to feel frustrated and they’re masking it with fake anger toward each other. They miss each other and we can see it in the way Bette is imagining Tina with her, while she fucks Nadia and how Tina is getting more and more angry due to the whole situation… especially with Henry giving her a STD – with Bette it wouldn’t have happened!!!

7. Via LesFan slntrdr

Submitted on 2014/04/27 at 12:06 pm

Nadia. That dalliance irritated me in S4, and still does. But this sentence – “I have realized this university is a fish bowl and I’m a very curiously colored sea creature to them” – might be my favorite ever.

Submitted on 2014/04/27 at 9:41 am

I liked it, really.
    Alice has the usual form, is always the center of the other’s life. but now he has a point.
    Clamidia? -Really?
    when I read that Alice has found the medicine, and she realized Tina got something else to Henry, I just laughed so hard. It was wicked 😉
    the third season is still not my favorite (the fourth not so much, but a bit better), but the irony, what you put into it and the character’s point of view, read the scenes just cheers me up.
    I look forward to the next chapter.

9. Via LesFan 2005fanforever

Submitted on 2014/04/27 at 6:21 am

I really enjoy the character narrations that you present with with each of your stories. I especially appreciate the extremes from scathing sarcasm in all its glory, to the gut wrenching pain of loss. I must admit that season 3, aside from sucking in general was just really, really bizarre to me. I was always disturbed by the any dick will do mentality that we were fed from “Tina.” I think that’s when I realized I.C. was a sadist 🙂