Low Hanging Fruit – Bette Porter Tina Kennard L Word

But Tina has a sexually transmitted disease and for some reason that makes me smile.

Bette office Low Hanging Fruit story
Bette’s Office – Bette

I hear another in a string of annoying complaints about my overall tone with her when James’ voice calls to me through the door interrupting my phone call with Tina. “Bette, Alice is here to see you.” And then in walks Alice with a potted plant.

“Very nice. Very Dean-y but nice.” Alice spins around my office and comes back to rest facing me. “Just a little housewarming present for your new move up in the world. Dean Porter feels good, I bet. Dinner with The Governator tonight and everything.”

“Thank you, Alice. I guess I could stop and have tea with you.” Then I lower my voice, “Although I just got back from a faculty coffee and I’m a bit wired at the moment. And I have a headache from trying to tune my ear to decipher grains of truth from professorial bullshit. It’s a whole new language of lying.”

“Something you know nothing about.”

Alice flinches as I burn a glare at her from behind my desk. “Fuck you, Alice.”

“Hey! Lighten up. Here’s your plant, just wanted to say, Hi, I’m on my way to see Phyllis, anyway.”

“Phyllis did you say?” Now, I try to control my tone with her.

“I did. We’re going out tomorrow, maybe on a teeny date. I’m not sure.”

My eyes widen and I stand up from behind my desk and walk slowly toward Alice to not spook her so she runs into the hallway crying out more indelicacies.

“Alice, we talked about this. Phyllis is my boss and you can’t bring her into our circle. Alice, it would be very complicated for me, do you understand that?”

“Not sure who made you Phyllis’ gatekeeper but I have a little something you might be interested in if you want to step back about two feet and quit trying to run my life when yours is, ah, the way it is.” Alice ends at a softer volume. We look at each other. A deal on the table.

“A little something or a big something? About Tina, of course.” I do as she asks and I give her some space. Alice can be easily spooked but just as easily riled into scalding emotional outrage. I’ve seen it. She’s impressive.

“Well, let’s see. She’s still hanging around Henry, right?”

10 thoughts on “Low Hanging Fruit – Bette Porter Tina Kennard L Word

1. Via LesFan SassyGran

Submitted on 2014/05/01 at 2:24 am

Like Angelica being something other than Angel like – wanted to go for a drive with Mamma B – don’t blame her. Hate Nadia, did on the Show and still do. STD? Really? Love Alice, always have! Looking forward to more stories.

2. Via LesFan didi1956

Submitted on 2014/04/28 at 10:42 am

Ha,ha,ha Tina has STD !!!Another great chapter,thank you.

Submitted on 2014/04/28 at 12:12 am

Oh damn! …Tina has STD?!…..I like this a lot better than the show,car sex is so not sexy for me..

Submitted on 2014/04/27 at 7:31 pm

Alice was great calling out on Bette and Tina. Nobody who got so mad with each other the way they did can lie convincingly that they still do not have deep feelings for each other. I like the flashback to Tina when she was with Nadia and the fact that she did not want to see Nadia’s face.

“Who ever made her clothes left a lot of cloth on the roll.” This line left me in stitches. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Submitted on 2014/04/27 at 7:06 pm

I agree w/the comments. Bette’s frustrated and repressing her anger by fucking it away. Tina is mightily pissed b/c of the STD that Henry so lovingly gave to her. They both need a “brain cleanse”. Great writing. Always a pleasure to read your writing.

Submitted on 2014/04/27 at 3:06 pm

Loved it! Bette got her little revenge *doing the happy dance* but I can see both of them are starting to feel frustrated and they’re masking it with fake anger toward each other. They miss each other and we can see it in the way Bette is imagining Tina with her, while she fucks Nadia and how Tina is getting more and more angry due to the whole situation… especially with Henry giving her a STD – with Bette it wouldn’t have happened!!!

7. Via LesFan slntrdr

Submitted on 2014/04/27 at 12:06 pm

Nadia. That dalliance irritated me in S4, and still does. But this sentence – “I have realized this university is a fish bowl and I’m a very curiously colored sea creature to them” – might be my favorite ever.

Submitted on 2014/04/27 at 9:41 am

I liked it, really.
    Alice has the usual form, is always the center of the other’s life. but now he has a point.
    Clamidia? -Really?
    when I read that Alice has found the medicine, and she realized Tina got something else to Henry, I just laughed so hard. It was wicked 😉
    the third season is still not my favorite (the fourth not so much, but a bit better), but the irony, what you put into it and the character’s point of view, read the scenes just cheers me up.
    I look forward to the next chapter.

9. Via LesFan 2005fanforever

Submitted on 2014/04/27 at 6:21 am

I really enjoy the character narrations that you present with with each of your stories. I especially appreciate the extremes from scathing sarcasm in all its glory, to the gut wrenching pain of loss. I must admit that season 3, aside from sucking in general was just really, really bizarre to me. I was always disturbed by the any dick will do mentality that we were fed from “Tina.” I think that’s when I realized I.C. was a sadist 🙂