The Ant Farm Bette Porter L Word Tina Kennard

“And her voice…” I add.

“Hard to not listen when it came at you, wasn’t it?” Peggy mused back to Brooke’s earlier Tour de Force days.

“Well, of course I was always there to listen. Brooke had exquisite and unusual tastes about her own collection.” I add, “I was able to find her amazing pieces for Briarcliff, and her other estates.”

Peggy takes a sip and smiles winsomely at me. “I’ve heard some news about you lately, Bette. I’m sure it’s official by now, your new position as Dean of Arts at CU. A few calls came into me here and there.” Peggy smiles over the rim of her martini at me. “I gave you glowing recommendations and left out all the saucy stuff you seem to perennially find yourself caught up in.” She finishes with a bit of a gotcha tone.

I sigh. Peggy knows too much about me thanks to Helena, who strikes me more often than not, as a buzzard.
Helena_HairDownListening

“You know there just wasn’t anything to do about Franklin and the CAC, Bette.” Peggy shakes her head. “Helena’s still on his board.” She whispers conspiratorially, “That was reason enough for you to have given that business – not another thought.” She emphasizes.

“And the CU Board of Governors?” I ask, now that she’s dishing.

“A hand full of egos. But you’ll be fine. Phyllis is opinionated though, but Bette, she has a big university to run, and it keeps her occupied.”

“I’m ready, Peggy, fully rested, in fact, couldn’t get anymore rested unless I marinated myself.”

“I hear your child is with you only part time though.” She slips in. I wince slightly because it hurts to hear it.

“Fucking dreadful, Tina’s gone to Silver Lake with a guy named, Henry.”

“Silver Lake? Never been there. So, is she now officially one of the infamous ‘hasbians’?”

Peggy unwittingly hits a terribly raw nerve. I know she’s not a churl, but I glower back at her without being able to stop myself.

“I’m sorry dear, that was insensitive. You were in love, and for a long time, weren’t you?” She leans across her leather seat and pats my leg comforting me.

“With brief interruptions from…” I nod over to where Helena sits with her eyes closed, an iPod amusing her. “But yes, I was, am still. It’s something I don’t understand. As common as it sounds, it was partly about money. I was running out of it.”

6 thoughts on “The Ant Farm Bette Porter L Word Tina Kennard

1. @Lesfan brinny says
    April 24, 2014 at 2:11 am

This is pure comedy gold! You had me laughing at Bette whistling to the ants crawling out of Dana’s ashes, to Bette and Tina slapping Henry. I am surprised the other girls didn’t form a conga line to slap Henry too since they hate him as much. Can’t wait to read your next chapter.

2. Bette0Porter says
    April 23, 2014 at 11:09 am

“Now, I am going to hit you.” I raise my arm back but Tina calls out.
    “Wait! Let me!” as she slaps Henry a good stinging smack across his face.

God help me, you cracked me up!! LMAO.
    I loved this, I love how you describe Bette’s anger and turmoil, it’s so real!

The scene at Bette’s was beautiful. Funny and deep. It was good to see the gang together in a moment like that, and our couple forgetting about their own issues, just to focus on their friend Alice (and Dana). Wonderfully written, as always.

kenji says
    April 23, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I love these stories. Thanks for posting so frequently.

didi1956 says
    April 23, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Well done Bette !!! Again-I love your writing and I`m glad you came to this site.

lipitora says
    April 23, 2014 at 2:13 pm

oh WOW! it is more than pleased!
    I think you’re outdone, my cheeky request 😉
    I realized it was not the best idea to drink coffee while reading the scene 🙂
    I’m looking forward to the sequel!

mamadoc91 says
    April 23, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Hey Blackbird – Wonderful writing! I really like these snippets of TiBette. Keep us grateful for your gift. Thank you!

tomboydee says
    April 23, 2014 at 7:41 pm

hey blackbird… love the humor in this story.. love the word “hasbian” and Bette bitter feelings to Henry. LOl. especially the slapping paragraph story. i was deeply touch about dana’s ashes as what the girls has to do with it. i hate when bette feels so bitter to tina , who was/is the love of her life. Bette is hurt with so much emotional- pain in her heart to see Tina being with Henry. i dont like Henry. wonderfully written!!!! thank you for sharing.. keep up the good work … always!!!

kingg says
    April 23, 2014 at 11:41 pm

BB..thx 4 the post, a real page turner actually. I really liked “memories are rarely inescapable, their knowing impossible to doubt for long, and they are so many here in this kitchen, every where in this house, and all over my skin.”…… You have a way of capturing the gals emotions! Their emotions have been duly noted! They really socked it 2 Henry…yay…keep writing your posts BB…..oh and yes the pics accompanying the posts are great, an extra treat……..Anticipation….

3. tibettenation1

Submitted on 2014/07/23 at 9:11 am

So sad that it came to this…but Fucking Classic

4. azmama says
    Oct 2, 2015 at 3:01 am

You’ve got Bette’s seething towards Tina and Henry going on. Just another great chapter from Ms. BB.

5. cvu says
    Oct 1, 2014 at 3:37 am

This is should had been in the show!…Oh my god…the lines are perfect!…

6. September 28, 2015

After you get your bearings again the story following is very very funny. “Sleeping Rough”, and in its opening is a wonderful scene of Bette in WalMart on the hunt for baby supplies for their getaway.

Thinking about new story for Touch Tones, Season 7 inspired story line I read this great story, and did a polish. I was pleased with the way I took the story from one setting to end up a thousand miles away in another country, Canada, where I wrote a hilarious scene for Bette and Peggy Peabody after Shane’s botched wedding. I won’t spoil the great fun awaiting you as they double team Tina and Henry, but of all the things I’ve dreamed up for those two – Tina and Bette – I wish the Henry takedown I could’ve been on screen if the show writer’s had thought of it.