The Ant Farm Bette Porter L Word Tina Kennard

An hour later –

Angelica Baby with Bette

I’m still royally pissed about it, but I’ve given up fighting with Tina about coming home. And Shane’s completely ill conceived wedding is the next place I will have to be nice to Henry. But I’ve had it with him and my daughter’s first moments. The picture I took was bad enough of their shiny white – except for my daughter – family. It’s probably a screen saver by now in their den. I bet Henry and Tina have something called, A Great Room. God save Angelica!

But why I signed a contract with Joyce to set her Private Investigating dogs loose to dig into Henry’s background, and while you’re at it file for my sole custody of my daughter, was when something so fucked up – a sound that should never have hit my ears – did when I heard my baby say, “Dada,” and I had watched Henry smirk at me as he had squeezed her closer to him.

As I had flared my pen across the bottom of the Joyce’s legal contract I had said, “Henry must want to sing higher. He should have never, ever gloated at me.”

Two days later –
Peggy Peabody

Peggy Peabody’s Private Jet

While Peggy Peabody has annoyed, well frustrated me really in the past, I was pleased, relieved and incredibly delighted to accept her kind invitation to fly with her up to Vancouver, BC.  It is without a doubt the way to experience the friendly skies.

When we had taken off Peggy had ordered us both martinis from our private cabin steward, and it had become apparent that Helena was going to have to sit off to the side while the grown-ups, Peggy and I, dug into our favorite topics, Art and the wealthy people who collect it.

“One of my favorite people in the world was Brooke Astor, you knew her didn’t you, Bette?”

”So unabashedly nonplussed about her missing, or rather her bitten off fingers.” I laugh at the memory and sip my deliciously chilly martini. “Brooke had great rings though didn’t she? On the fingers she could wear them.”

”Dog bit it off,” Brooke would say.” Peggy peals with laughter. “As if that weren’t enough of an image of Brooke as a child. And that was a stretch in and of itself. She always seemed to me to have been born interesting, and daring, and like Athena ready for battle and standing tall.”

6 thoughts on “The Ant Farm Bette Porter L Word Tina Kennard

1. @Lesfan brinny says
    April 24, 2014 at 2:11 am

This is pure comedy gold! You had me laughing at Bette whistling to the ants crawling out of Dana’s ashes, to Bette and Tina slapping Henry. I am surprised the other girls didn’t form a conga line to slap Henry too since they hate him as much. Can’t wait to read your next chapter.

2. Bette0Porter says
    April 23, 2014 at 11:09 am

“Now, I am going to hit you.” I raise my arm back but Tina calls out.
    “Wait! Let me!” as she slaps Henry a good stinging smack across his face.

God help me, you cracked me up!! LMAO.
    I loved this, I love how you describe Bette’s anger and turmoil, it’s so real!

The scene at Bette’s was beautiful. Funny and deep. It was good to see the gang together in a moment like that, and our couple forgetting about their own issues, just to focus on their friend Alice (and Dana). Wonderfully written, as always.

kenji says
    April 23, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I love these stories. Thanks for posting so frequently.

didi1956 says
    April 23, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Well done Bette !!! Again-I love your writing and I`m glad you came to this site.

lipitora says
    April 23, 2014 at 2:13 pm

oh WOW! it is more than pleased!
    I think you’re outdone, my cheeky request 😉
    I realized it was not the best idea to drink coffee while reading the scene 🙂
    I’m looking forward to the sequel!

mamadoc91 says
    April 23, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Hey Blackbird – Wonderful writing! I really like these snippets of TiBette. Keep us grateful for your gift. Thank you!

tomboydee says
    April 23, 2014 at 7:41 pm

hey blackbird… love the humor in this story.. love the word “hasbian” and Bette bitter feelings to Henry. LOl. especially the slapping paragraph story. i was deeply touch about dana’s ashes as what the girls has to do with it. i hate when bette feels so bitter to tina , who was/is the love of her life. Bette is hurt with so much emotional- pain in her heart to see Tina being with Henry. i dont like Henry. wonderfully written!!!! thank you for sharing.. keep up the good work … always!!!

kingg says
    April 23, 2014 at 11:41 pm

BB..thx 4 the post, a real page turner actually. I really liked “memories are rarely inescapable, their knowing impossible to doubt for long, and they are so many here in this kitchen, every where in this house, and all over my skin.”…… You have a way of capturing the gals emotions! Their emotions have been duly noted! They really socked it 2 Henry…yay…keep writing your posts BB…..oh and yes the pics accompanying the posts are great, an extra treat……..Anticipation….

3. tibettenation1

Submitted on 2014/07/23 at 9:11 am

So sad that it came to this…but Fucking Classic

4. azmama says
    Oct 2, 2015 at 3:01 am

You’ve got Bette’s seething towards Tina and Henry going on. Just another great chapter from Ms. BB.

5. cvu says
    Oct 1, 2014 at 3:37 am

This is should had been in the show!…Oh my god…the lines are perfect!…

6. September 28, 2015

After you get your bearings again the story following is very very funny. “Sleeping Rough”, and in its opening is a wonderful scene of Bette in WalMart on the hunt for baby supplies for their getaway.

Thinking about new story for Touch Tones, Season 7 inspired story line I read this great story, and did a polish. I was pleased with the way I took the story from one setting to end up a thousand miles away in another country, Canada, where I wrote a hilarious scene for Bette and Peggy Peabody after Shane’s botched wedding. I won’t spoil the great fun awaiting you as they double team Tina and Henry, but of all the things I’ve dreamed up for those two – Tina and Bette – I wish the Henry takedown I could’ve been on screen if the show writer’s had thought of it.