The Ant Farm Bette Porter L Word Tina Kennard

“Holy shit! Will you look at this T!” I had hopped off the bed so I was eye level with a very focused and now mobile baby heading fast for me.

I was so proud of her that morning. Just doing a normal baby thing she made me immensely happy. Now, Tina tells me Angelica is starting to walk. Glad I missed that milestone.

Not at all!

And you know what?! I really didn’t need Henry describing my daughter’s first walking moments to me either. I really didn’t, Tina! I really, really didn’t. God, you can be such an insensitive fucking bitch.

I bring my coffee back to bed and down two aspirin with my cappuccino. This will get my eyes open wider. I lean back with the cup and saucer on my chest. So, this is the way it is for now, or for a while, or for me until I what? Find a new lover?

Jesus! What a nightmare. I don’t want anyone else over here. I don’t want to eventually make an extra key, and have to negotiate holidays with my daughter. Or miss, God forbid, her first words! I feel my anger burning away my hangover as it starts to rise.

Am I waiting on Tina? Or am I supposed to be getting over Tina? I dare not flip a coin or I’ll be here all day. She’s left me twice. The more I think about it the more furious I become with her for leaving me alone, and horny, and pissed off with the fucking ant farm she bought me and Angelica as our only company.

An ant farm! Not alone anymore. I can watch the drones in perpetual service to their queen. Like them I know every darkened twisting passageway in the hive toward – Her.

I actually have time to do shit like that these days. Time that I’ll have only a little while longer because I’m fairly certain this afternoon, Phyllis Kroll, is going to offer me the salary I requested, and soon I’ll be her newest dean.

I like the sound of it, and with the house empty, the draw to my power suits is back. In truth, I’ve missed a staff to order around, and get things jumping.

So, life just goes on. A rockslide buries me emotionally and breaks pieces of my will to live. But eventually I end up at the Great Lesbian Triage Tent to get patched up and sent back into the minefields.

6 thoughts on “The Ant Farm Bette Porter L Word Tina Kennard

1. @Lesfan brinny says
    April 24, 2014 at 2:11 am

This is pure comedy gold! You had me laughing at Bette whistling to the ants crawling out of Dana’s ashes, to Bette and Tina slapping Henry. I am surprised the other girls didn’t form a conga line to slap Henry too since they hate him as much. Can’t wait to read your next chapter.

2. Bette0Porter says
    April 23, 2014 at 11:09 am

“Now, I am going to hit you.” I raise my arm back but Tina calls out.
    “Wait! Let me!” as she slaps Henry a good stinging smack across his face.

God help me, you cracked me up!! LMAO.
    I loved this, I love how you describe Bette’s anger and turmoil, it’s so real!

The scene at Bette’s was beautiful. Funny and deep. It was good to see the gang together in a moment like that, and our couple forgetting about their own issues, just to focus on their friend Alice (and Dana). Wonderfully written, as always.

kenji says
    April 23, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I love these stories. Thanks for posting so frequently.

didi1956 says
    April 23, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Well done Bette !!! Again-I love your writing and I`m glad you came to this site.

lipitora says
    April 23, 2014 at 2:13 pm

oh WOW! it is more than pleased!
    I think you’re outdone, my cheeky request 😉
    I realized it was not the best idea to drink coffee while reading the scene 🙂
    I’m looking forward to the sequel!

mamadoc91 says
    April 23, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Hey Blackbird – Wonderful writing! I really like these snippets of TiBette. Keep us grateful for your gift. Thank you!

tomboydee says
    April 23, 2014 at 7:41 pm

hey blackbird… love the humor in this story.. love the word “hasbian” and Bette bitter feelings to Henry. LOl. especially the slapping paragraph story. i was deeply touch about dana’s ashes as what the girls has to do with it. i hate when bette feels so bitter to tina , who was/is the love of her life. Bette is hurt with so much emotional- pain in her heart to see Tina being with Henry. i dont like Henry. wonderfully written!!!! thank you for sharing.. keep up the good work … always!!!

kingg says
    April 23, 2014 at 11:41 pm

BB..thx 4 the post, a real page turner actually. I really liked “memories are rarely inescapable, their knowing impossible to doubt for long, and they are so many here in this kitchen, every where in this house, and all over my skin.”…… You have a way of capturing the gals emotions! Their emotions have been duly noted! They really socked it 2 Henry…yay…keep writing your posts BB…..oh and yes the pics accompanying the posts are great, an extra treat……..Anticipation….

3. tibettenation1

Submitted on 2014/07/23 at 9:11 am

So sad that it came to this…but Fucking Classic

4. azmama says
    Oct 2, 2015 at 3:01 am

You’ve got Bette’s seething towards Tina and Henry going on. Just another great chapter from Ms. BB.

5. cvu says
    Oct 1, 2014 at 3:37 am

This is should had been in the show!…Oh my god…the lines are perfect!…

6. September 28, 2015

After you get your bearings again the story following is very very funny. “Sleeping Rough”, and in its opening is a wonderful scene of Bette in WalMart on the hunt for baby supplies for their getaway.

Thinking about new story for Touch Tones, Season 7 inspired story line I read this great story, and did a polish. I was pleased with the way I took the story from one setting to end up a thousand miles away in another country, Canada, where I wrote a hilarious scene for Bette and Peggy Peabody after Shane’s botched wedding. I won’t spoil the great fun awaiting you as they double team Tina and Henry, but of all the things I’ve dreamed up for those two – Tina and Bette – I wish the Henry takedown I could’ve been on screen if the show writer’s had thought of it.