The Gypsy Whistles Tina Kennard

“T, this is what I was afraid of. He’d lured you to him first, right?”

“He’d flirted with me doing magic tricks. Quarters disappearing and reappearing behind my ears – that type of thing. Nothing brilliant. And telling you this, I know I sound attention starved and a geeking teenage girl!”

She comforts me. “Not at all, T. Never that. Go on.”

“In the caravan trailer we sat around one of those square tables around a booth. I was facing Lucy looking toward the back of camper, and he was in the middle. We were playing some stupid drinking game with cards, and he must have roofied her during it, because Bette – she changed before my eyes.  She became very slurry sounding, and submissive. Then, he’d pushed up her skirt, and he began to fuck her!”  Gasping, I cry, “Bette, it was horrible. Right there in front of me.”

“Oh, Baby, come here.” I feel her arms around me. “You’re okay, you’re okay.” She rocks me, and holds me tight.

I sob on her shoulder, “I promise I won’t let them cremate you.”

“Thank you. I can’t stand the thought of it. You know Dana’s in my kitchen still inside that Starbucks cup.”

“Fucking nightmare. This whole thing.”

“I know. It’s all too much, but are you okay, now?”

“I’m getting your sweater wet.” I dry my tears on her shoulder.

“It’s not the first time.” Bette laughs softly and strokes the back of my head. I hug her closer and push Henry, and my annoyance with her over reading blogs instead of finding a job with good insurance for our family, farther and farther away.  But I can’t stop the pictures that have started to roll in of Lucy and then, when Allsweld had attacked me.

I grab at her sweater, where I’ve buried my face into her chest. There’s a movement of him toward me that plays out in slow motion. I leap from the table and he jumps to catch me, and then, he does. Anything I could grab – maps, pans, plates – I had thrown at him, as he tried to control my arms. As I almost made it to the door of the caravan, he’d shoved me.  My back stabbed into the hard edge of the cabinet. The pain made me dizzy, and blood spilled out of my back, and down my legs and made slippery, and even more frightening when he fought me.

Suddenly, the door had flown open, and this pair of arms with bracelets flew in towards me. He’d slipped on the pool of my blood, and I’d had a moment to jump free, and I took it.

7 thoughts on “The Gypsy Whistles Tina Kennard

1. Via LesFan Jackiee1

Submitted on 2014/05/16 at 9:03 pm

Always feel blessed when you update

2. Via LesFan didi1956

Submitted on 2014/04/22 at 1:50 pm

You are an amazing writer,thank you for another great story.

Submitted on 2014/04/21 at 9:55 pm

I’m sorry that took a long time to write here as well.
    I liked it very much. especially the comparisons between the gypsy woman and Bette.
    This was absolutely true: Bette always strong and she supported Tina.
    the scene in the church was just too funny (though at one point, a certain kissing scene frightened me at first) 😛 but I admit it was a good distraction.
    the story that Tina was shared sad and tragic. wonder, Tina why did not tell Bette?
    I like that Henry will disappear 🙂
    (it would be: “Bette Porter, mentally devastating in style?”)
    oh, wait! You said Dean Porter come.
    this means that Jodi is coming too? (I would be teasing, I would ask if she left out?) 😀
    I look forward to the next chapter.

Submitted on 2014/04/21 at 6:37 pm

painful story about tina.. it brokes my heart. bette always stood strong for tina moreover, bette always the bravest soul.. i love this story. i wish you written a book about all this. it unique and wonderfully flow thru the heart. wonderfully done!!!

Submitted on 2014/04/21 at 1:32 am

You never fail to amaze me. You are turning S3 to something worthy to read about. I like the idea of the gypsy aka Bette’s look-a-like saving Tina. I hope Tina is able to remember how safe, secure and loved she felt with Bette and none of “the safety of a white heterosexual relationship” and that “it was the bravest thing she had ever done” that Tina spouts so much on S3. Barf!

I wonder why Tina kept this secret from Bette.

Submitted on 2014/04/20 at 10:11 pm

Great! I love the turn this story is taking… and I love the fact that you, unlike Ilene (who we all know was on crack during Season 3), didn’t make them look as though the almost eight years together never happened. They still ‘know each other’, they love each other and they will win this battle as well.
    Loved the end… maybe that’s one of the answers Tina needs; the Gipsy kind of reminds her of Bette (curly hair, then the scar – even though this one was just a fantasy of Bette). She [the Gypsy] saved her and that’s what Bette will do as well. Tina just needs to figure out she belongs with her.

7. michelle.tibette