Tomb Raider – Bette Porter Tina Kennard

“Honestly, guys, I think I love her. And things feel just very fucked up, with Dana gone, and you guys – well, broken up.” Shane presses both her palms against her eyes to hide her tears.

I know she wants and needs a family. Another person I’ve let down.

My doorbell rings. Shane wipes her face all over with her hands, and she reaches inside her pockets for money for the pizza.

“No, I got this.” I open the door to see Tina and not the pizza delivery guy.

“Bette, you opened this and left it with the mail you put in my car earlier?” She hands me the letter about Allsweld.

“Okay. I can explain that.” I frown, is this really the time?

Bette’s garden – Tina

What happened nearly twenty years ago to me, and worse, so much worse to my cousin, Lucy, is a memory I’d buried and tried to forget. Excavated here it is, as Bette hands me back the letter.

“Is Henry outside waiting on you?”

“No, what does that matter? I came alone.”

“Because I just don’t understand you anymore – at all.”

“Bette, I don’t understand. When did this letter come in the mail?”

“The afternoon before I left for the silent retreat. Then, when I was leaving that miserable adoption bitch rolled up on us standing in the driveway. She makes me sick with doubt that my adoption is shaky. Then, my cab arrived. It just wasn’t the right time.” Bette paces and stroking her forehead – something she always does when her tension overtakes her. It’s not lost on me, knowing her as I do. that she’s worried about the convicted man mentioned in this letter.

“After reading this, do you feel he’s a danger to you, Tina? He can find you if he tried. I mean, he’s a maniac, you know that.”

“What can I do about it?” I shake the letter at Bette.

“T, just forget all the bullshit for a minute, and tell me what happened and when.”

“I almost told you once.” I sit down on a chair by the pool. “I just hate it when people drone on about their childhoods. You don’t and I didn’t want to be that person.”

“To me, you are a beautiful person,” Bette says as she sits down next to me. She lifts my hand and kisses it. “I’m ready to listen. Tell me what happened to you, Tina.”

The next story in the series is titled Gypsy Whistles a spirited tale that reveals a secret of Tina’s. Inside they later join as their friends’ wake for Dana continues.

The Gypsy Whistles http://wp.me/p4AUvc-2B

The correct order of the stories is: 1. Ultrasounds of Lovers 2. Translations 3. I Remember Rivers 4. Come Back To Me 5. Red Water 6. Milkyway 7. Remembering Me 8. Canyons 9. Lightning Bugs 10. Interview with a Vampire 11. Not Another Word 12. The Fugue of White Noise 13 Tomb Raider 14. Gypsy Whistles 15. The Ant Farm 16. Sleeping Rough 17. Low Hanging Fruit 18. A Taste For Politics 19. Sanctuary 20. Tongue Tales 21. A Date with Myself 22. The Thirteenth Floor 23. The Fortune Teller 23 B. The Pussy Club 24. A Spell on You 25. Objects in Motion 26.The Cooking Lesson 27. A Drink with the Gypsy__________

Drop a comment if you enjoyed the tale!   More Bette Porter stories next.

Bette Porter L Word Tina Kennard stories continues in next here or on Lesfan.

@Blackbird_write on Twitter

10 thoughts on “Tomb Raider – Bette Porter Tina Kennard

1. Pingback: Tomb Raider – Bette Porter Tina Kennard | LWord_BehindtheScenes

2. LesFan goyabeans4me

Submitted on 2014/05/31 at 11:43 pm

The more I read this, the better it gets…..”…Starbucks cup….lol!!”

3. Via LesFan SassyGran

Submitted on 2014/04/26 at 6:48 pm

Really liked this. It has all the emotions and was funny too. Would have loved to have seen the Helena/Bette kiss on screen with JB, LuH and RS!

4. Via LesFan MiamiMaven

Submitted on 2014/04/22 at 6:43 pm

Absolutely LOVED it.Top to bottom.Can u imagine the URN STEALING being played out on the small screen?So much better &funnier than 17REASONS

Submitted on 2014/04/20 at 2:27 am

the story is hilarious and sad. the funny part was helena and bette “kiss” lol. .yeah they hated each other. alice is a great character. i can’t believe about dana “died” in the show. you have done a marvelous job writing. as I always said, keep up the good work. i enjoyed your story.. now i am going to read the other story “Milkyway”

6. Via LesFan wkm

Submitted on 2014/04/20 at 2:19 am

Pretty entertaining. I would love to have seen that in the series. Too funny. Thanks

Submitted on 2014/04/19 at 9:32 pm

Well my friend, you worked that one out quite well. So proud of you and your writings similar to spider webs, so precise yet riveting in beauty and flow. I laughed my butt off picturing in my mind that scene in the church playing out with the ashes and the kiss. It was an ending fit for the beauty of Dana and who she had become.
    Ahhh, a turn toward home….
    I like how you introduced the letter and conversation with Tina as a point in her life that I think Bette deserves an explanation for. The history between them warrants it. Hendick is still too fresh.
    I’m beaming for the journey. Your voice and style are incredibly right on with this story writing.
    Thank you for your gifts to us!

Submitted on 2014/04/19 at 6:40 am

Bette kissing Helena and Tina walking on them. Hilarious! I pay good money to see that! I am so glad that Tina is going to talk to Bette about what happened to Lucy and her. Thanks for making Henry not there during the talk.

Submitted on 2014/04/19 at 2:01 am

Damn! this is hilarious!….So funny that i want to see that it played out on my tv screen!…
    Helena and Bette kiss? lmao..and she want to kiss Bette more? Alice is panicking?!
    “We’re coming Dana. Just hang in there.” Alice looks up at me desperately. “I can’t get the fucking thing open!” She cries…what about when Tina comes in and saw the”kiss”… 😛 precious!
    azmama was right..you’ve got another home run here.

Submitted on 2014/04/19 at 1:30 am

Another home run! So funny,witty but macabre and sad. Although, I wouldn’t like it if someone stole my loved one’s ashes but the scene was still freakin’ funny.