Tomb Raider – Bette Porter Tina Kennard

Church Storage Room – Shane

Inside a church my pockets stuffed with women’s lingerie the nuns back in Texas predicted something like this for me, a long time ago. Another prediction? It’s going to be months before I hear the fucking end of this from Carmen.

Helena has decided the bent parts of her earring are a lead-in to a winning party story. She waits before reattaching it to her to ear. We still have to fasten the thing back together again, and sneak it back out there. I lean down over Alice who is moving the bras and panties I dug out of my car into little piles based on red, black, skin toned, or thong. I’d say there’s a nice selection for Dana’s send off.

“Alice, we have to hurry. Helena’s got to screw it back together.”

“It’s true, Alice. Come on. Do you want to put all of Shane’s underwear in there or what?” Helena urges her, too.

Alice sits on the floor with the brass ovoid urn empty and open on her lap. There’s a little chalky dust on her hands and dress. “Dana had what? Four lovers in all? The tennis camp chick, Lara, me and Tanya.” Alice counts on one hand. She looks up at me shocked.

I shrug. It is incomprehensible, she had so few.

“Four? God, we can’t send her away with that dreary a number can we?” Helena frowns into the empty ash pot.

“Better put them all in there, Alice.” I say. “Trust me, none of this stuff is returnable.”

One by one we each pick up a handfuls of panties and bras and shove them inside. Helene quickly screws it shut.

Bette’s House – Night

This day cannot end soon enough. I fall back on my bed unwilling to be upright any longer, much less put anything on a plate for dinner. The photograph I took earlier of Henry and Mikey’s new family – that includes my girlfriend and my daughter – has been scarred into my mind forever.  It’s just so fucking wrong, on every conceivable level, I can’t even begin to examine them. I stare at the ceiling. What happened to my life!?

My phone rings.

“Yeah, I’m over here. Why what’s up?”

“Okay, sure I’ll split a pizza with you and Alice.” I feel myself begin to smile. “You guys come over here, right?” I hear her agree. “Shane, is Dana with you and Alice?” I nod. “Okay, sure, we can talk about that.”

10 thoughts on “Tomb Raider – Bette Porter Tina Kennard

1. Pingback: Tomb Raider – Bette Porter Tina Kennard | LWord_BehindtheScenes

2. LesFan goyabeans4me

Submitted on 2014/05/31 at 11:43 pm

The more I read this, the better it gets…..”…Starbucks cup….lol!!”

3. Via LesFan SassyGran

Submitted on 2014/04/26 at 6:48 pm

Really liked this. It has all the emotions and was funny too. Would have loved to have seen the Helena/Bette kiss on screen with JB, LuH and RS!

4. Via LesFan MiamiMaven

Submitted on 2014/04/22 at 6:43 pm

Absolutely LOVED it.Top to bottom.Can u imagine the URN STEALING being played out on the small screen?So much better &funnier than 17REASONS

Submitted on 2014/04/20 at 2:27 am

the story is hilarious and sad. the funny part was helena and bette “kiss” lol. .yeah they hated each other. alice is a great character. i can’t believe about dana “died” in the show. you have done a marvelous job writing. as I always said, keep up the good work. i enjoyed your story.. now i am going to read the other story “Milkyway”

6. Via LesFan wkm

Submitted on 2014/04/20 at 2:19 am

Pretty entertaining. I would love to have seen that in the series. Too funny. Thanks

Submitted on 2014/04/19 at 9:32 pm

Well my friend, you worked that one out quite well. So proud of you and your writings similar to spider webs, so precise yet riveting in beauty and flow. I laughed my butt off picturing in my mind that scene in the church playing out with the ashes and the kiss. It was an ending fit for the beauty of Dana and who she had become.
    Ahhh, a turn toward home….
    I like how you introduced the letter and conversation with Tina as a point in her life that I think Bette deserves an explanation for. The history between them warrants it. Hendick is still too fresh.
    I’m beaming for the journey. Your voice and style are incredibly right on with this story writing.
    Thank you for your gifts to us!

Submitted on 2014/04/19 at 6:40 am

Bette kissing Helena and Tina walking on them. Hilarious! I pay good money to see that! I am so glad that Tina is going to talk to Bette about what happened to Lucy and her. Thanks for making Henry not there during the talk.

Submitted on 2014/04/19 at 2:01 am

Damn! this is hilarious!….So funny that i want to see that it played out on my tv screen!…
    Helena and Bette kiss? lmao..and she want to kiss Bette more? Alice is panicking?!
    “We’re coming Dana. Just hang in there.” Alice looks up at me desperately. “I can’t get the fucking thing open!” She cries…what about when Tina comes in and saw the”kiss”… 😛 precious!
    azmama was right..you’ve got another home run here.

Submitted on 2014/04/19 at 1:30 am

Another home run! So funny,witty but macabre and sad. Although, I wouldn’t like it if someone stole my loved one’s ashes but the scene was still freakin’ funny.