Tomb Raider – Bette Porter Tina Kennard

“I can’t believe she’s gone, Bette.” Tina says so sadly. I put my arm around her, and after a moment she leans against me. I feel her arm around my waist. I kiss the top of her head and feel miserable. Dana had finally found herself. So fucking cruel to lose her so young.

“Whatever you do please don’t burn me up and put me in a jar.”

“Okay.” Tina laughs at me a little. “But what makes you think I’ll decide that.”

“Because. . .” I turn her toward me. “Because I’m asking you to.”

“That wasn’t fair of me, I’m sorry.”  Then, she opens her purse and checks her phone for the text coming in.

“Let’s not snap at each other. It’s a fucking awful enough day without it. But like it or not, stand next to me and pretend like you’re praying – and reading a text – if you have to.”

“Helena wants to know what we want to put back in there? They’ve emptied the ashes into the cup.”

“God, what a good question.” I bow my head in prayer. “I never thought I’d say this to you, but could you try to fake it a bit more?”

Tina nods her head half paying attention to me, but steps closer as we bow our heads to cover our crimes. I look over Tina’s shoulder.

TEXT FROM TINA TO SHANE

R U still here?

TEXT FROM SHANE TO TINA

Yep. Smoking. Lving soon tho

TEXT FROM TINA TO SHANE

Got any panties or bras in ur car?

Tina shows me her question to Shane, and I smile. “You are brilliant. Send it.” I hear the swooshing sound, as off it goes.

TEXT FROM TINA TO HELENA

GOT SOMething coming. Stand by.

TEXT FROM SHANE TO TINA

WTF? Repeat: WTF?

TEXT FROM TINA TO SHANE

Stealing D’s ashes, need panties

“God, how did I get to be Ground Control?” Tina laughs.

“You’re good at it for one.”

TEXT FROM HELENA TO TINA

Alice is losing it with the egg. Hurry!

TEXT FROM TINA TO SHANE

Hurry 2 back door. ASAP.
Shane EXT CU

10 thoughts on “Tomb Raider – Bette Porter Tina Kennard

1. Pingback: Tomb Raider – Bette Porter Tina Kennard | LWord_BehindtheScenes

2. LesFan goyabeans4me

Submitted on 2014/05/31 at 11:43 pm

The more I read this, the better it gets…..”…Starbucks cup….lol!!”

3. Via LesFan SassyGran

Submitted on 2014/04/26 at 6:48 pm

Really liked this. It has all the emotions and was funny too. Would have loved to have seen the Helena/Bette kiss on screen with JB, LuH and RS!

4. Via LesFan MiamiMaven

Submitted on 2014/04/22 at 6:43 pm

Absolutely LOVED it.Top to bottom.Can u imagine the URN STEALING being played out on the small screen?So much better &funnier than 17REASONS

Submitted on 2014/04/20 at 2:27 am

the story is hilarious and sad. the funny part was helena and bette “kiss” lol. .yeah they hated each other. alice is a great character. i can’t believe about dana “died” in the show. you have done a marvelous job writing. as I always said, keep up the good work. i enjoyed your story.. now i am going to read the other story “Milkyway”

6. Via LesFan wkm

Submitted on 2014/04/20 at 2:19 am

Pretty entertaining. I would love to have seen that in the series. Too funny. Thanks

Submitted on 2014/04/19 at 9:32 pm

Well my friend, you worked that one out quite well. So proud of you and your writings similar to spider webs, so precise yet riveting in beauty and flow. I laughed my butt off picturing in my mind that scene in the church playing out with the ashes and the kiss. It was an ending fit for the beauty of Dana and who she had become.
    Ahhh, a turn toward home….
    I like how you introduced the letter and conversation with Tina as a point in her life that I think Bette deserves an explanation for. The history between them warrants it. Hendick is still too fresh.
    I’m beaming for the journey. Your voice and style are incredibly right on with this story writing.
    Thank you for your gifts to us!

Submitted on 2014/04/19 at 6:40 am

Bette kissing Helena and Tina walking on them. Hilarious! I pay good money to see that! I am so glad that Tina is going to talk to Bette about what happened to Lucy and her. Thanks for making Henry not there during the talk.

Submitted on 2014/04/19 at 2:01 am

Damn! this is hilarious!….So funny that i want to see that it played out on my tv screen!…
    Helena and Bette kiss? lmao..and she want to kiss Bette more? Alice is panicking?!
    “We’re coming Dana. Just hang in there.” Alice looks up at me desperately. “I can’t get the fucking thing open!” She cries…what about when Tina comes in and saw the”kiss”… 😛 precious!
    azmama was right..you’ve got another home run here.

Submitted on 2014/04/19 at 1:30 am

Another home run! So funny,witty but macabre and sad. Although, I wouldn’t like it if someone stole my loved one’s ashes but the scene was still freakin’ funny.